Home Tour | Kitchen Update

So if you’ve been following my home tour posts, you will know 1. I haven’t posted in awhile, and 2. We have been doing a lot to our home and our kitchen has been taking awhile!

One of the things that bothered me about our kitchen was that the builders didn’t hide the vent for our stove when they put the cheap builder grade cabinets up.  A few months ago I decided the easiest fix would be to just build a decorative piece to go above the cabinet to hide that eye sore. So I went to home depot and bought the supplies I needed to start on this project.  I had only budgeted about $40 to said project… but if you are like me and think you are doing everything right and realize $120 worth of mistakes in that you were measuring wrong it will obviously cost you more! 🙂

I kept measuring the crown wrong for the frame of my project and kept cutting my pieces too short.  DON’T make the same mistake I made. (3x)

Needless to say I FINALLY got it right and after starting a project that was only supposed to cost me $40 and a few hours… I got it done 3 months and $140 later 🙂 Once you see the photos below, I’m sure you will agree the stress and over spending was well worth it!

The “before” photo below is before we closed on the house during home inspection and please excuse the mess in the after photo, I was slightly to excited to photograph the difference and had no patience to clean up before hand 😉

Kitchen Update

 

 

Share on: FacebookTwitterPinterest